Service Group Low Temperature
The Service Group Low Temperature advises and supports the members of staff of the two Max Planck Institutes concerning all cryo-technical questions and issues. Additionally, it supplies the Institute with cryogenic-liquefied and technical gases.
The Service Group Low Temperature provides information about:
- Liquid Helium
- Liquid Nitrogen and Argon
- Technical Gases
- Low-temperature stock
Safety precaution indications
- Liquefied gases (LHe, LN2) and technical gases MUST be handled and used according to the "Allgemeinen Sicherheitstechnischen Vorschriften und Gesetzen" (TRG, UVV, GGVS, etc.).
- Prior to the use of these media the user has to contact the TTS department to learn about possible danger and the recommended or regulated preventive measures.
- All members of the Institute are committed to attend an introduction in the TTS department prior to the first use of liquid He or the LHe vessels.
- Manipulation of any nature of the safety mechanism are strictly forbidden. The user is responsible for damages arising from its manipulation.
Indications for the TTS department
- Orders for LHe have to be placed 2 days in advance by registering the order on the order list in Room 2H7.
- All LHe and LN2 vessels are property of the TTS department.
- All departments of the Stuttgart Max-Planck-Institutes can order technical gases at the TTS department including settling of account.