- helium should be ordered only if really required
- helium vessels containing a rest of at least 5 litres should be brought back to the TT-Service immediately after use
- prior to using liquid helium or liquid helium vessels for the first time, all members of the Institute are obliged to attend a safety instruction in the TT-Service department
- taking down safety vessel caps, any kind of modifications or manipulations of the liquid helium vessels and/or the helium return are strictly forbidden. Users will be responsible for damages arising from such actions.
- modifications of the helium recovery in the labs are only possible after consultation with the TT-Service
Orders for liquid helium (LHe) have to be placed 2 days in advance
- registering on a list in room 2H6
- by telephone, tel.-no.: 1273
Liquid helium vessel pool
Vessels are partly available with level indicator. All liquid helium vessels are placed in a vessel pool and are exclusively handled by the TT-Service.
- 50 litres;
- 65 litres;
- 100 litres
- 170 litres
- 250 litres.
All orders for liquid helium (LHe) must be picked up within 2 days.