You are in need of scientific Information?
There are basically two possibilities:
- the direct accessible databases for MPG scientists
- the MPG Central Information Services
- IVS-CPT (Chemical Physical Technical Section)
- IVS-BM (Biological Medical Section)
You should contact the members of the Information Services definitely, if:
- your request is about compounds, materials, reactions
- your request is about patent information
- you need exceedingly high completeness and/or precision
- you need extensive citation data for research evaluation
- you need review literature, overviews, statistics etc.
- you have doubts about the optimal database
The Central Information Service for the institutes of the CPT division of the Max Planck Society is situated at the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research in Stuttgart but is available for all scientists within the Society. The information service should be contacted, if searches in the available end user databases are not sufficient. The service has access to many external commercial databases (such as Chemical Abstracts or patent files) not included in the range of end user databases. The search system of STN International enables more sophisticated searches regarding compounds, reactions, spectra, numerical data, and subject overviews. Citation analysis beyond the possibilities of the Web of Science (WoS) and help concerning research evaluation by citations is offered. Furthermore, service is available in all demands of scientific information.