Fundamentals (General Issues, Methodology, Model Compounds)
- Discovering the Vehicle Mechanism of Proton Conductivity
- Establishing NMR in High Magnetic Field Gradients (PFG-NMR, E-NMR) in the Field of Solid State Ionics
- Pioneering Molecular Dynamics Simulations in the Field of Solid State Ionics
- Providing semi-quantitative frameworks for describing proton conduction phenomena
- Na+ Conductors with the NASICON Framework Structure: Structure, Transport & Thermodynamic Stability
- Creating the First Unhydrous Perfect Single Proton Conductors: Complete Decoupling of Proton Diffusion in Heterocyle (e.g. Imidazole) and Phosphonic Acid Based Systems.
- Unfolding the Complex Relations between Morphology, Viscoeleastic Properties, Hydration Behavior and (Proton, Water) Transport in Poly-Electrolytes and Ionomers such as NAFION®
- Revealing the Mechanisms of Proton Conduction in Phosphorous Acid based Systems: A Unique Class of Proton Conductors
New Materials for Applications (PEM-Fuel Cells, IT-Fuel Cells, Electrolyzers, (Flow) Batteries, Electrochemical Reactors)
- Discovering a Highly Proton Conducting and Stable Oxide: The Case of Y-doped BaZrO3
- Developing Highly Proton Conducting, Hydrolytically Stable Hydrocarbon Membranes Based on Sulfonated Poly-Phenylene-Sulfones.
- Single Lithium Ion Conductors with very High Conductivity
- Featuring Stable Quaternized Ammonium Groups for Ionic Liquids and Anion (OH-) Exchange Membranes (AEM)